The San Francisco Bay Chapter
National Speleological Society
A CALIFORNIA PUBliC BENEFIT CORPORATION
ONE: The name of this corporation is the San Francisco Bay Chapter of the National Speleological Society.
TWO: This corporation is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. It is organized under the Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for charitable purposes. The specific purposes for which this corporation is organized are:
- to promote interest in and advance the study and science of speleology;
- to promote the conservation and protection of caves and karst resources;
- to provide education about speleology, cave conservation, and safe caving techniques;
- to serve as an internal organization of the National Speleological Society.
THREE: The name and address in the State of California of this corporation’s inital agent for service of process is Arrita Peri Frantz, Los Gatos, CA, 95032.
- This corporation is organized and operated exclusively for scientific and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Articles, the corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (1) by a corporation exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or (2) by a corporation contributions to which are deductible under Section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- No substantial part of the activities of this corporation shall consist of carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the corporation shall not participate or intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statements) on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for public office.
FIVE: The names and addresses of the persons appointed to act as the initial Directors of this corporation are:
|Steve Ruble||Millbrae, CA 94030|
|Cindy Heazlit||San Jose, CA 95131|
|Rick Niemi||Coyote, CA 95013|
|Regan Barry||Scotts Valley, CA 95066|
|Dave Lembert||Cupertino, CA 95014|
SIX: The property of this corporation is irrevocably dedicated to scientific and educational purposes meeting the requirements of Section 214 of the California Revenue and Taxation Code and no part of the net income or assets of the organization shall ever inure to the benefit of any director, officer or member thereof or to the benefit of any private person.
On the dissolution or winding up of the corporation, its assets remaining after payment of, or provision for payment of, all debts and liabilities of this corporation, shall be distributed to the Nation Speleological Society, which is organized and operated exclusively for scientific and education purposes and which has established its tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
SEVEN: The name of the existing unincorporated association, now being incorporated by the filing of these Articles of Incorporation, is the San Francisco Bay Chapter of the National Speleological Society.
Steve Ruble, Director Date
Cindy Heazlit, Director Date
Rick Niemi, Director Date
Regan Barry, Director Date
Dave Lemberg, Director Date
Steve Ruble and Cindy Heazlit declare under penalty of perjury that they are the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the San Francisco Bay Chapter of the National Speleological Society, the unincorporated association referred to in the Articles of Incorporation to which this declaration is attached, and that said association has duly authorized its incorporation by means of said Articles of Incorporation.
Steve Ruble, Chairman Date
Cindy Heazlit, Vice Chairman Date