National Speleological Society (NSS)
Our parent organization. Contains links to grottos in your area, information on all things about caves and caving, and volunteer opportunities with the NSS. For more specific regional information, try one of the links below:
- Arizona Regional Association
- Mid-Appalachian Region Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and New Jersey
- Mississippi Valley Ozark Region
- Northeastern Region New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Conneticut, Eastern Canada, Massachusettes, and Vermont
- Northwest Caving Association Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska, Utah, Western Canada
- Ohio Valley Region Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky
- Rocky Mountain Region Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota and Utah
- Southeastern Regional Association Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee
- Southwestern Region New Mexico, West Texas, and Eastern Arizona
- Texas Speleological Assocation
- Virginia Region Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia
- Western Region California, Nevada, and Oregon
- Contact information for other regions… Northeastern, Southeastern, South-Central, Rocky Mountain, and Southwestern
- 2020 Convention in West Virginia
- 2021 Convention in California
- 2021 International Congress of Speleology in France
An association of NSS grottos in California, Nevada, and Southern Oregon which promotes cave conservation, the scientific study of caves, exploration, and speleoeducation. SFBC is part of the Western Region and by joining SFBC you automatically get Western Region membership as well.
NSS Cave Diving Section
Diving in caves requires special equipment and training. Learn about this dangerous, yet rewarding, combination of caving and diving here.
Vancouver Island Cave Exploration Group
You’re a little further north? The Vancouver Island Cave Exploration Group covers caving in western Canada, focusing on Vancouver Island. There are also links to other caving groups in western Canada. This is a great starting point for Canadian cavers!